Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Stop Full Post From Displaying

Old Oct 28, 2010, 07:53 AM
page

8 posts · Oct 2010
I am trying to get the full post to stop displaying after I click the excerpt. I have all the boxes set to "only excerpts" and the other to "0" yet when I click on the link to the post in the excerpt it shows the full post. I want it to only show the excerpt? Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2010, 08:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I assume that you are viewing the excerpts on the blog page. WordPress is designed that when you click on the link (the read more) it will bring you to the full post. Why would you want to click on an excerpt and only see the excerpt?
Old Oct 28, 2010, 08:27 AM
page

8 posts · Oct 2010
I just want to use it to post as a snippet. So yes I have the excerpt on the blog(home) page. Any way to do it?

thanks
Old Oct 28, 2010, 09:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
but if you have excerpts on the home(blog) page, and I click on it and go to a page and only see the excerpt, how will someone ever see the full post?

I'm very unclear as to what you are trying to do.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 09:56 AM
page

8 posts · Oct 2010
I want them to click on the link from the excerpt back to my full post on another site.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 01:20 PM
page

8 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks, that makes sense. Somehow I overlooked the most obvious conclusion and all I had to do was turn the excerpt off!