Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Posts page info items

Old Jun 20, 2009, 03:39 AM
ldsmedia

69 posts · May 2009
Ohio USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ldsmedia
I think I now know the problem with some people track backs not showing. I think people have been assuming that some of us understood the post/page info items list. I think maybe I need to add the track back code Flynn provided in one of those fields in ATO. Only I am not sure which one. I find the wording for each section a bit confusing. So if you want your track back url to show up for each individual post including archives, where do you need to place the code?
Old Jun 20, 2009, 08:35 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Put i.e.

%trackback-linked('Trackback')%

into the textarea named "FOOTER: Multi Post Pages" to display it in the footer of each post on multi post pages, which are all pages listing multiple posts, such as category, tag and search result pages.

Put

%trackback-linked('Trackback')%

into "FOOTER: Homepage" and "FOOTER: Single Post Pages" as well, to display it in the footer of all posts (and not just the posts on multi post pages).

Each post or static page can have 3 configurable sections:
  1. a Kicker (above headline)
  2. a Byline (between headline and body copy)
  3. a Footer (below body copy)
Each one of these 3 post/page sections can be configured for 4 different page types:
  1. Homepage
  2. Multi post pages (other than home page)
  3. Single post pages
  4. Static page pages
That's why there are 12 text areas at Theme Options -> Post / Page Info Items:

3 post/page sections x 4 page types = 12
Old Jun 23, 2009, 10:23 AM
ldsmedia

69 posts · May 2009
Ohio USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ldsmedia
Thank you Flynn, You wouldn't believe how many hours I have spent on this. Two other people gave me all kinds of advice before I finally recognized what the issues probably was by going thru the them's options. Juggledad said it was not part of of theme but a wordpress issue. So maybe he will read this and realize it is a theme option as well.

Great job on making everything so flexible. I didn't know who a kicker was and I wasn't sure of what a byline was (I know that is a term used by newspapers). Now I know all of those. I will be making another donation when I get paid on Friday.

Thanks
Laura