Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

How to Customize Drop Down Menu?

Old Aug 2, 2010, 08:45 PM
corelle

15 posts · Aug 2010
I just installed Atahualpa 3.5.3.

How do you make the Category buttons drop down?

I want to create a Category menu bar that will drop down to one or two sub-categories.

Last edited by corelle; Aug 2, 2010 at 08:54 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 09:08 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you are also using WordPress 3.x then you can build whatever type of menu you want with the WP menu system. Look under Appearance>Menus. If you are using an earlier version of WordPress I would suggest upgrading or you can just use go into the category manager (Posts>Categories) and set some categories as sub categories of others. Take a look and it should start making sense to you.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 09:14 PM
corelle

15 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks!

I have been using Wordpress for almost a month now and only just realized I could create sub-categories in Wordpress 3. But I thought only certain themes (such as Atahualpa) allow you to create drop down menus. I have been using the F2 Wordpress theme and there was no "Menu 2" like in Atahualpa.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 04:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Atahualpa supports two of the new wordpress menu as of version 3.5.2
Old Feb 19, 2011, 11:22 PM
smith30

1 posts · Feb 2011
you can build whatever type of menu you want with the WP menu system. Look under Appearance>Menus. If you are using an earlier version of WordPress I would suggest upgrading or you can just use go into the category manager (Posts>Categories) and set some categories as sub categories of others.

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 20, 2011 at 05:54 AM.