Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Marketplace » Customization, Design, Programming... »

[SOLVED] Help fine tuning my Page Menu Bar & Header

Old Feb 2, 2010, 09:09 PM
Hidden Driveways

9 posts · Jan 2010
Hoboken NJ
Hi fellow Atahualpaians!

I've got my website pretty far along, and I just need to fine tune the layout a bit, but I can't figure out how to do it. I want to line up my Page Menu Bar with the Sidebars. I currently have the left sidebar set to 100 pixels and the right to 200 pixels. I like it like that, but as you can see the Page Menu sits off to the left and I just can't stand it:

http://www.sam-mallery.com/

Now, in addition to lining the Page Menu Bar up with the Sidebars, I want the Header image and title to be lined up with the left Sidebar at 100 pixels.

Can anyone give me some tips?

Thanks!
Sam
Old Feb 3, 2010, 05:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
why don't you use %page-center instead of %page and you can center the pages (ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA)
Old Feb 4, 2010, 09:23 PM
Hidden Driveways

9 posts · Jan 2010
Hoboken NJ
Thanks for the tip, Juggledad. Using your advice, I was able to get the Page Menu Bar to move to the center, but I couldn't get the Header stuff to follow suit.

The trouble is, I was really hoping to have the Page Menu Bar line up with the left Sidebar at 100 pixels. I don't really like how the Page Menu Bar looks when it's centered. It gives my site a Microsoft Word vibe.

I appreciate the effort, Juggledad. Any other tips I can try out?

Thanks,
Sam
Old Feb 5, 2010, 05:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
do this, change back to %pages and then add this to ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
div#menu1 { padding-left : 100px; }
Old Feb 10, 2010, 09:02 PM
Hidden Driveways

9 posts · Jan 2010
Hoboken NJ
Juggledad... you made my day! Thank you so much!