Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Top menu bar height vs menu items

Old Apr 14, 2011, 07:43 AM
cyberwhoop

11 posts · Mar 2011
Top menu bar height vs menu items

Hi, not sure if this has been asked before but could not find the answer on the forum.

Top menu height menu items are not same height as the unused part of the top menu bar. See my website: http://www.elephant-picture.com/ top right corner, +/- 1 pixel height difference between bar and menu items.

Guess it's something basic but can not find a setting within theme options. Is there a quick fix available?

Cheers
Marco
Old Apr 15, 2011, 09:48 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In the menu section check the border around all menu items and change from 1px to 2px.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:24 AM
cyberwhoop

11 posts · Mar 2011
Thanks, I tried that but with the different colors (on mouse over) I do get borders in a different color, which I do not like. Right now I've changed the menu colors to background black, both on mouse over and default. To separate the menu items I've added "|" in front of the page name, bit of work around but it does look fine to me. Only when using the page menu in a sider bar the "|" will also be visible.

Cheers
Marco
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:51 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
How about something like the following in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts?
HTML Code:
#menu1 {
    border: 2px solid #000 !important;
}
As for the dividers... I was able to wrap the dividers in a custom WP Menu item in a span with a class and then not display them in the sidebar. I use code like the following in the menu item
HTML Code:
<span class="divider">|</span> Menu Name <span class="divider">|</span>
And used this for the CSS in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
div.widget .divider {
    display: none;
}
Old Apr 15, 2011, 01:23 PM
cyberwhoop

11 posts · Mar 2011
Thanks again!

The first part is clear, just insert into ATO. However it does not solve my problem with the black border vs grey background of menu item 'HOME' (see attachment) or http://www.botswana-safari.nl

Second part, try to figure out what to do but just do not know where to put the HTML. I tried creating a new menu but not sure if that's the right thing to do? May be you can point me a bit more into the right direction.

Third like first clear :-)

Cheers
Marco
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	menu.jpg
Views:	1675
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1291  
Old Apr 15, 2011, 03:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I put that code in the navigation label for the menu item.