Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Custom Widget Margin

Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:54 PM
swimflyfast2

150 posts · Aug 2010
Horse Country in Virginia
I created four header widgets. I want to be able to have a background on each but have a margin so that the background does not take up the entire widget space,
I have identified the individual widget and am able to apply CSS to it fine except I can not do what I think I want to do using Margin: 10px 20px 10px 20px;

I thought that this would bring the background in, or shrink the size of it.
If I have 4 widgets in 1000 wide space they all should be 250px, I want them to only be 200 with gaps, I have used the same css on the post to reduce them and it works. See Test Site Note widget on upper left, have opacity, color white, rounded corners but can not get it to shrink.
HTML Code:
firebug code:
element.style {
    -moz-border-bottom-colors: none;
    -moz-border-image: none;
    -moz-border-left-colors: none;
    -moz-border-right-colors: none;
    -moz-border-top-colors: none;
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF;
    border-color: -moz-use-text-color;
    border-radius: 10px 10px 10px 10px;
    box-shadow: 0 0 10px #333333;
    Margin: 10px 20px 10px 20px;
    opacity: 0.3;
}

Anyone?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 07:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Can you go to ato->export/import settings and send an export of your site to me.

I notice something weird that someone else had complained about - the widgets have black slashes in them.

Do you have any plugins that minify the code? I ask because I see every extra space abd new-line has been removed. You might want to shut this off and check your issue again.