Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Is it possible to use background-images for the widgets?

Old Nov 20, 2009, 07:19 AM
kathari

13 posts · Nov 2009
Hi,
I just dived into the atahualpa theme since it seems like the best solution for my site.
It seems difficult though to change the widgets to have three background-images (one for the top, one to adjust for different lengths and the finishing one for the bottom).
Is it possible? Please stop me if you know so that I can look for a different solution before spending hours on it!
Old Nov 20, 2009, 07:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Are you talking about the sidebars or widgets. The sidebar is the entire area which is made up of one or more widgets. Each widget could (depending on how it is coded) have a header, middle and footer..or not.

You can specify a background for aany particular widget, or 'type' of widget using CSS Inserts. You will need to look at teh generated source of a page to determine the actual ID= or CLASS= to use in your CSS selector.

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 20, 2009 at 07:49 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2009, 08:05 AM
kathari

13 posts · Nov 2009
yes I am talking about the widgets. I would like to have all of the ones in the left sidebar with a vertically expandable background. Will look into the boxes, since it seems that they are all a bit different depending on which kind of widget or what content is in them, it might be a challenge..