Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Mysterious (for this newb, at least) gray bar

Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:16 PM
joegore

29 posts · Aug 2010
[SOLVED] Mysterious (for this newb, at least) gray bar

Hi folks — I'm stumped by the #dddddd-colored bar to the left of menu 1 in my header. (See attached pic, or the site at http://test.clubbo.com/wp/)

I'd like this currently-gray area be the same as the background color specified in ATO/Menu 1 (page menu). Any idea why it isn't? FWIW, I have no background color specified in ATO/Style & Configure Layout.

Thanks in advance to any smart people who can help me out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2010-09-02 at 11.09.20 AM.png
Views:	934
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	721  
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:32 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The background is set to transparent. Look in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts for div#menu1 ul.rMenu and delete the background line. You should then have a solid yellow background for the menu.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:48 PM
joegore

29 posts · Aug 2010
That did the trick. Thanks yet again for the speedy help!

Question, though: Why, if the background was set to transparent, would it display gray? What if, say, I wanted to see the #ffffff of the page?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 01:00 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I believe the gray color is set in one of the background color boxes in ATO>Style Menu
Old Sep 2, 2010, 01:09 PM
joegore

29 posts · Aug 2010
Yeah, that's what I would have expected. But the only field for entering colors on that page are for background, link, and hover states — the yellow and blacks you see in the screen shot. There's no gray specified anywhere here. Though it IS the same #dddddd I selected as my widget border. Weird.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 01:12 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Then it may be in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts