Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

create a larger "upper" sidebar

Old Jul 25, 2010, 12:50 AM
samirtv

5 posts · Jul 2010
I'd like to have my side bar on the right to be larger on top (which would allow for a square ad) and then be a double right sidebar below it similar to on http://mashable.com/ is this possible?

Thanks.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 04:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the sidebar is the same side through out. what they have there is a sidebar that is broken up into different areas, some of the areas are full width and some are half width.

take a look at http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5419 for some ideas
Old Jul 25, 2010, 04:48 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can use widget areas to emulate that look. You just use a text widget that can read php code and put a two celled widget area in it. See ATO>Add New Widget Areas. Also search this forum for widget areas in the sidebar as that was covered pretty well in some past posts.