Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Love this theme, but I have a growing >?>>>?>> problem!

Old Feb 1, 2010, 07:31 PM
poorthirdworldcountry

9 posts · Jan 2010
Kathmandu Nepal
Unhappy Love this theme, but I have a growing >?>>>?>> problem!

Hi all, I have three WP sites that use this fantastic theme:
Band Blog
Safety Blog
Animal Sacrifice Blog
and the latter two have developed an artifact that looks like broken PHP code. Both were set up in basically the same way, styled alike, and use the same plugs. Can anyone tell me what's going wrong? The >? characters are growing in number over time!
Thx,
ptwc
Old Feb 1, 2010, 07:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
check the module footer.php and see what is at the very end. the last line should be
HTML Code:
</html>
I think you have something else in there.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 08:39 PM
poorthirdworldcountry

9 posts · Jan 2010
Kathmandu Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
check the module footer.php and see what is at the very end. the last line should be
HTML Code:
</html>
I think you have something else in there.
Thx for the post. I looked in "Theme Functions (functions.php) Select theme to edit: Atahulapa
and the last line is indeed </html>

Any other ideas?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 04:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you have a non-standard site in that you are displaying the wordpress page inside a frame. To see if this is in the atahualpa code, switch to the default theme and see if the same code shows up. After the test you can switch back to atahualpa.

The other thing to check is the Index.php - look at the last line in it which should be
HTML Code:
<?php get_footer(); ?>
If there is nothing different, disable all the plugins and see what it looks like.

Have you changed any of the atahualpa code?
Old Feb 2, 2010, 05:44 AM
poorthirdworldcountry

9 posts · Jan 2010
Kathmandu Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
you have a non-standard site in that you are displaying the wordpress page inside a frame. To see if this is in the atahualpa code, switch to the default theme and see if the same code shows up. After the test you can switch back to atahualpa.

The other thing to check is the Index.php - look at the last line in it which should be
HTML Code:
<?php get_footer(); ?>
If there is nothing different, disable all the plugins and see what it looks like.

Have you changed any of the atahualpa code?
Strange one, as index.php looks fine and the frame is not the issue, as if you just display it straight:
http://elephantcentre.org/SBSafety/
the artifacts are still there. Without the plugs, same thing.
I have not changed any atahualpa code except for the design stuff in the widget, but I have not used the Editor to mess with anything...yet! Well, thx...I guess it's not a big deal, it just looks a bit unprofessional - ha!
Old Feb 2, 2010, 06:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Well something is causing it. Is it there if you switch to the default theme?