Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Trouble uploading pages/posts from Live Writer and Scribefire (and anything else)

Old Aug 27, 2009, 05:38 PM
bookmom

42 posts · Aug 2009
It's weird. I've tried several services, and for some reason there is an error on all of them. Live Writer gave me the most detailed message, as described here:

http://www.live-writer.net/windows-l...-xmlrpc-issue/

I'm running the latest version of WP and Atahualpa.

There are two files for possible modification mentioned in the above link:

xmlrpc.php and

htaccess (which is php, right?).

I can't find either one of them. I've looked at it through my dashboard and through my server. Where are these puppies? I know Atahualpa does things differently, which is why it is what it is.

TIA for help! I WILL donate after I get this up and running!
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
make sure you have dashboard->settings->writting->Remote Publishing->XML-RPC set on
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:17 PM
bookmom

42 posts · Aug 2009
Thanks, it is. First thing I did.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In several web servers (most commonly Apache), .htaccess (hypertext access) is the default name of a directory-level configuration file that allows for decentralized management of web server configuration. The .htaccess file is placed inside the web tree, and is able to override a subset of the server's global configuration; the extent of this subset is defined by the web server administrator.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 06:42 PM
bookmom

42 posts · Aug 2009
Ok, I found the file, and the code $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA = file_get_contents(“php://input”); is there, but it's not on the first line. Does it need to be?

Note: WISH whoever is responsible would fix the darned php so that this workaround wasn't necessary! ;-)

This is what the current version of the file looks like at the top:

<?php
/**
* XML-RPC protocol support for WordPress
* @license GPL v2 <./license.txt>
* @package WordPress
*/

/**
* Whether this is a XMLRPC Request
* @var bool
*/
define('XMLRPC_REQUEST', true);

// Some browser-embedded clients send cookies. We don't want them.
$_COOKIE = array();

// A bug in PHP < 5.2.2 makes $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA not set by default,
// but we can do it ourself.
if ( !isset( $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA ) ) {
$HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA = file_get_contents( 'php://input' );
}

// fix for mozBlog and other cases where '<?xml' isn't on the very first line
if ( isset($HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA) )
$HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA = trim($HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA);

Last edited by bookmom; Aug 27, 2009 at 06:45 PM.