Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How to set widgets background different in left and right sidebars?

Old Dec 12, 2009, 06:24 AM
braids

9 posts · Dec 2009
I think no one has ever asked this question before. I set my left and right sidebars in different background color. I would like to have my widgets in the left sidebar to have background color matching that of the left sidebar, and the same for the widgets in the right sidebar. Nevertheless, I couldn't get this to work. Would anyone have an idea to help me out?

I'm grateful to your help!

P.S. I couldn't get my paypal account working. As soon as I got it done, I'll make a donation.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 11:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you just need to be specific in the css selectors by adding 'td#left' and 'td#right'. For example. if you put the 'Category' widget in teh LEFT and athe RIGHT sidebars, you could use something like this
HTML Code:
td#left .widget_categories {background: #red;}
td#right .widget_categories {background: #green; }
Old Dec 12, 2009, 05:33 PM
braids

9 posts · Dec 2009
Hi Juggledad,

Thank you so much! I'll try this out. Would this work for 3rd-party widgets as well?

Best Regards!
Old Dec 12, 2009, 08:34 PM
braids

9 posts · Dec 2009
Great, it worked on 3rd-party widgets as well. Thanks so much!

My papal account is awaiting bank account confirmation. It takes time. As soon as it's done, I'll make my donation.

Thanks again!