Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to make a header image that spills out of the header box on one side

Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:07 PM
dmstauber

26 posts · Mar 2011
I have designed a header image that spills out of the header box area on the left side (where the left sidebar would be if I were using it). I want to have the top of the right sidebar, the page title, and the beginning of the body text start parallel to the spilled-out part of the image.

In case it matters, these are all static pages, not a blog.

I hope this makes sense. If there's a way to post a jpg I could put up a sketch to make it clearer.

I hope it's possible to do this!

Beginner here, teaching myself CSS.

Thank you for all help!!!

Do Mi Stauber
Old Mar 1, 2011, 12:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you could use a left sidebar but put nothing in it and make it transparent
Old Mar 1, 2011, 02:17 PM
dmstauber

26 posts · Mar 2011
Hmm. But when I upload the image, wouldn't it have to be a rectangle, thus overriding the right sidebar and top of the middle column?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 04:41 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Ah, I interpreted your query as just going to the left not down and to the left. To do that you should cut the image into two and have the part to the left and hanging down. be the background of the left sidebar.

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 2, 2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 02:56 PM
dmstauber

26 posts · Mar 2011
Thank you!!! I think I can actually do that!