Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

Deleting multiple entries

Old Feb 22, 2009, 11:07 AM
HenryGomez

30 posts · Feb 2009
Another generic wordpress question.

I realized that some of the 11,000 entries I imported from Movable Type were mapped incorrectly to the wrong authors. Probably my mistake. Anyway I've been isolating the months where this occurred and was wondering if there is a way to delete a lot of entries at once.

If I filter the entries by month it only shows me 15 at a time which means that in a busy month I have to delete 15 entries per page time 20 pages. I'd love to delete all the entries in the given month in one fell swoop so I can reimport them (mapped properly).
Old Feb 22, 2009, 06:56 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This should work, if executed in PHPMyAdmin via SQL tab, but only do this if you're brave and if you have a backup of your posts. I tested this query but not in Phpmyadmin, in fact I never used Phpmyadmin, and I cannot guarantee anything

To delete all posts of Jan 2009 (This also assumes that you have not changed your Wordpress table prefix from wp_ to something else, you probably haven't):

Code:
DELETE FROM wp_posts WHERE post_date REGEXP '^2009-01-' AND post_status = 'publish'
Old Feb 22, 2009, 10:24 PM
HenryGomez

30 posts · Feb 2009
I just ended up sucking it up and deleting them manually. A plug-in for this would be great.
Old Apr 15, 2009, 01:59 AM
superstrong

1 posts · Apr 2009
For future reference, if you want to know how to display more categories per page in Wordpress--especially for bulk deleting--just go into the wp-admin > categories.php file and find this section

Code:
if( ! isset( $catsperpage ) || $catsperpage < 0 )
	$catsperpage = 20;
and change "20" (i.e., display 20 categories per page) to whatever you want.