Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

I have CTC widget in my sidebar. Can I <center> the contents in the column.

Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:23 PM
markzip

60 posts · Jan 2010
In a theme other than Atahualpa I would go to the "sidebar.php" and just chuck in a <center></center> around the place I want to center. I'm not seeing how to do that now.

My sidebar has only two widgets in it and I'd like the tags in the tag cloud to be centered and not left justified. Am I going to have to do this with a float declaration?

The other widget is "Links" and left justified is fine there.

WP 3.2.1
Atahualpa 3.7.1
Configurable Tag Cloud 5.2

http://portraitindonesia.com

Last edited by markzip; Oct 24, 2011 at 10:24 PM. Reason: fixed typo
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
use FireBug in FirefFox to look at the widget and determine the CSS needed to center it. Then add that CSS to the CSS Inserts section of the theme options.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:15 PM
markzip

60 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks for the help.
I cannot believe I am being so stupid! I just cannot get this done.

I think I'm getting hung up on whether I should be doing "align: center" to the div id (which is div id="ctc-3") or rather the items in the class below it (div class="ctc").

Secondly: each of the items in that class is already being dynamically styled according to frequency of use. If I do manage to get the thing centered, will that override the individual styling of the tags?

http://portraitindonesia.com

Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2011, 04:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You want to use the 'text-align' syntax (check w3schools.com/css for the exact syntax) and it should go in the 'CSS insert' theme option using the 'div.ctc {...}' format