Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Question about excerpts in postformat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Apr 28, 2016, 08:45 PM
flyboy

115 posts · Sep 2010
Question about excerpts in postformat

I recently finished two sites which use <?php the_excerpt(); ?> in postformat.php, but I'm having conflicting behavior on them.

One site creates an excerpt from content if excerpt window is left empty, but gives priority to content in the excerpt window when filled. The other simply ignores all content and only looks at the excerpt window. So when the excerpt window is left empty, no content shows in postformat.

Which of the two is the expected behavior of <?php the_excerpt(); ?>?