Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Front page

Old Jan 10, 2010, 01:54 PM
myinfosecjob

12 posts · Jan 2010
Hi all!
I'm just a newbie and would appreciate an honest answer.
I would like my website frontpage to look like that:
http://www.myinfosecjob.com/sketch%2...ont%20page.jpg

My questions are:
1 - Can it be achieved using atahualpa theme?
2 - How complicated is it? (I'm IT, but not into development)

Thank you very much for that!

Adri.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 07:37 AM
myinfosecjob

12 posts · Jan 2010
Hi there,
Any news for this one?
I've managed to achieve the ads on the right side, and the 2 right bars, but I can't solve the issue with having one frame displaying only the header of a given category (jobs, in this case).
Also, is it possible to have the category "article" being displayed into 4 different boxes? The articles to be displayed there would be the "sticky" ones.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by myinfosecjob; Jan 16, 2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 10:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
yes I think you could do it you have a left sidebar, the center, right-inner sidebar and right sidebar
use the suggestion in http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3486 for the center top box and use http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1288 for the two columns of posts
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:27 PM
myinfosecjob

12 posts · Jan 2010
Dear juggledad,
First of all, thanks for your help!
Both tips have worked, but apparently they cannot be combined. Once I implement both codes, only the "2 columns for posts" appears.

Also, I would need all the latest posts "titles" for a given category to be shown in the announcement, instead of the post body. Could you please shed some light?

Thank you again,

Adriano.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:44 PM
myinfosecjob

12 posts · Jan 2010
juggledad,
after fiddling with the code a bit more, I managed to have the announcement at the top + 2 columns underneath it.
So, 2 things needed to consider this case closed (or so I hope)
1 - to show the "titles" for a certain category into the announcement, instead of a post.
2 - split the 2 columns section evenly: currently the left side has around 300 px whereas the right side has +- 600.

Thank you again!

Adriano.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 09:24 AM
kappuz95

1 posts · Jan 2010
guys, hi, i´m trying to access the link on how to do the center top box thing, but apparently i´m not allowed to do it (??), could you post the solution here?

regards and thanx in advance, the theme is great
Old Jan 31, 2010, 09:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
kappuz95, the post 'How to: Create a announcement box at the top of the center column of the landing page' is in the Gold Forum. You will have to donate $20 or more to myself (use the donate to Juggledad button) or Flynn to get access to that forum.

The Gold Forum was created to give members who donate some extras.