Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] How to remove comment date link only

Old Jan 23, 2011, 06:22 AM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
Unhappy [SOLVED] How to remove comment date link only

I want to remove the comment date link only and want to keep the reply link intact. I have used the
Code:
div.comment-meta a:link, div.comment-meta a:visited, div.comment-meta a:active, div.comment-meta a:hover {display: none;}
but that removes the "reply" link also. When i see the code with firebug that there is a class "commentdate", but I don't know how to apply it. Any help will be appreciated.
Old Jan 23, 2011, 06:58 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
How about
HTML Code:
.comment-meta {
display: none;
}
OR
HTML Code:
.commentmetadata {
display: none;
}
Old Jan 25, 2011, 09:24 AM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks for the code. I am sorry for the late reply. I was a bit busy and hence haven't tested this code yet. I will post what turns out in the coming days. Thanks again for the code.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 04:50 PM
in10

46 posts · Aug 2010
I was actually just about to ask this same question until I saw this thread.

lmilesw, I tried both of your recommendations and while they do remove the date, they also remove the reply/edit links too. I could live without the edit link, but I need the reply link to stay.

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 05:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you don't minl getting rid of the date you can add this to the CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
.comment-meta a {display:none;}
.comment-meta span a {display: inline;}
If you want the date, but not the link, then you need to edit bfa_custom_comments and find this code (line 22-23 in version 3.6.4
HTML Code:
		<a href="<?php echo htmlspecialchars( get_comment_link( $comment->comment_ID ) ) ?>">
		<?php printf(__('%1$s at %2$s','atahualpa'), get_comment_date(),  get_comment_time()) ?></a>
and change it to
HTML Code:
		<?php printf(__('%1$s at %2$s','atahualpa'), get_comment_date(),  get_comment_time()) ?>
Old Feb 14, 2011, 05:41 PM
in10

46 posts · Aug 2010
Bingo! The first option worked perfectly. Thanks!

Quick follow up question, how do I remove that little dot that's in front of the "Reply" text link under each commenter's name?