Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Re-open: how to remove strange character on home page after installing Atahualpa 3.5.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jul 19, 2010, 06:18 PM
Xxyzzy

2 posts · Jul 2010
Re-open: how to remove strange character on home page after installing Atahualpa 3.5.

I am new to Atahualpa and just installed 3.5.1. I noted that excerpts have unusual characters represented by a little square. This is often when I entered multiple spaces. To get rid of the little square, I had to delete all of the white-space characters and then add one. It is as though WordPress or Atahualpa added a special version of the space letter because html expects one space and ignores multiple spaces.

Assuming that the odd character is %nbsp, then three spaces yields " %nbsp ", and four spaces yields " %nbsp %nbsp". That is, there is an algorithm to add a character that the excerpt display code interprets incorrectly.

The special space characters that cause problems in excerpts do not appear when viewing the same text in "full page" mode.