Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Oh No! Atahualpa 3.4.9 not working!

Old Oct 17, 2010, 01:55 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
[SOLVED] Oh No! Atahualpa 3.4.9 not working!

Hi guys!

Boy, this is a real mystery! I just installed from WordPress theme installer Atahualpa 3.4.9.

When I go to preview my site, all I get is a white screen with the following:

"Powered by WordPress & the Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll. Discuss on our WP Forum"

The actual URL of my site is:

http://www.batmanarkhamasylumstatue.com/

I want to use this version of the theme cause I like the layout for what I am doing.

Help! What gives?!?

Thanks!

KIP

Last edited by kippiper; Oct 17, 2010 at 02:12 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 02:15 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That is an issue with a database table that can easily be resolved with version 3.5.3 which can be downloaded at wordpress.bytesforall.com. After downloading unzip and upload the atahualpa353 folder into your WordPress themes folder. Then activate the theme in your dashboard. If you still have the blank screen go to the Atahualpa Theme Options>Export/Import Setting and hit the Delete bfa_ata4 only once. This should fix the problem.

Backing up the database before doing any of these procedures is always a good idea. Especially if this is not a new site.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 02:20 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Well, it's really too bad that Version 3.4.9 is no longer working, since it is the preferred format for my client.

Does this mean I have to update ALL of my sites that have used Version 3.4.9 - which would involve lots of redesign time to accommodate the new theme?

Very frustrating!

KIP
Old Oct 17, 2010, 02:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You shouldn't have to redesign anything. If you MANUALLY update to 3.5.3 it will take on all the settings from 3.4.9.
Old Oct 17, 2010, 02:25 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Okay. I'll see....

Thanks!

KIP
Old Oct 17, 2010, 02:31 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Okay, I am still getting the blank page - even with Version 3.5.3.

So it seems I need to uninstall WordPress itself and reinstall it. Am I on the right track?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 03:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you canswitch to the default theme and see your site, wordpress is fine.
If all you see when you use atahualpa is the 'Powered by Wordpress & Atahualpa...' line, then the options atahuaa was adding to the wp-options table got messed up. You should be able to go to the export/import settings option and press the 'delete bfa_ata4' button, like Lmilesw suggested. This will rebuild the atahualpa options and you should be able to see the site.

If that doesn't work, then you need to look at your servers log to find out if an error is happening

Who is your host?