Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Add indent to search widget field

Old Nov 12, 2010, 08:57 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
I'm trying to add a 15px indent to the input field on the search widget. Here's the original code for the field:

<td class="searchfield">
<input type="text" class="text inputblur" value="<?php the_search_query(); ?>" name="s"/>
</td>

I tried adding:
style="margin: 0px 15px 0px 0px"
right after name="s" but that didn't do anything. Help?
Old Nov 13, 2010, 09:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try adding this to the CSS Inserts (ato->Add HTME/CSS Inserts option page)
HTML Code:
. searchfield {
margin: 0px 15px 0px 0px;
}
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:40 AM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
No go on the code. I tried variations where I put div before the period (div.searchfield) and also tried padding.

Can you directly edit the CSS of the widget instead? That's what I was first trying.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 04:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
oops, I had an error, no space between the period and 'searchfield' - it should be
HTML Code:
.searchfield {
}
if you want to qualify it more you could use
HTML Code:
td.searchfield {
}
but using 'div.searchfiels' is saying 'apply these rules to any div that has a class of 'searchfield' and who knows what the div uses, all I know from the code you provided, is that the TD has a class of 'searchfield'.

this is a case where seeing the actual site wold help and knowing the version of Atahualapa and WP.

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 14, 2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 04:05 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
Hmm, both of those still aren't working. Here is the site:

http://katiethebloglady.com/

And the code:
HTML Code:
	<div id="search-3" class="widget widget_search"><div class="widget-title"><h3>Search</h3></div><form method="get" class="searchform" action="http://katiethebloglady.com/">

<table class="searchform" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td class="searchfield">
<input type="text" class="text inputblur" value="" name="s" />
</td>
<td class="searchbutton">
<input name="submit" value="Search" type="image" src="http://katiethebloglady.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa353/images/magnifier2-gray.gif" style="display: block; border:none; padding: 0 0 0 5px; margin: 5px 5px 5px 0px" />
</td>
</tr></table>
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
use this instead
HTML Code:
table.searchform td.searchfield {padding: 0px 0px 0px 15px;}
first number is top,
second is right
third is bottom and
fourth is left
Old Nov 16, 2010, 11:35 AM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
Fantastic! Thanks! There's a tip coming your way.