Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

3.4 Upgrade Observations

Old Jul 7, 2009, 03:51 PM
shedhed

52 posts · Mar 2009
Bramhall, UK
I tried upgrading to 3.4.01 and had the CSS problems seen by others.

Today I noticed a fix by Kojichan http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2260 that worked for me so I was up and running with 3.4.

I noticed my site was no longer validating so began the process of seeing what was happening.

I think there's a missing <head> in header.php that results in an error being thrown up for:-

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE7" />

I just copied & pasted the opening <head> line from the 3.3.3 version.

I had to add a few "!important" bits on some of my css inserts as these were being overwritten by the theme's style. These worked before so I can only assume the way the theme's css application has been changed is the reason.

All was well until I viewed an archive month page and it went haywire; looked like missing css again.

I've reverted back to 3.3.3 for now as I was working on my live site. I'll start again tomorrow with my local set up.

Andy
Old Jul 8, 2009, 01:45 AM
shedhed

52 posts · Mar 2009
Bramhall, UK
Found the problem with the archive page getting screwed up.

The theme now gives a new name for the body class that takes the form of "archive date".

I'd done a custom date stamp for posts that was named "date" so the archive page picked this css up.