Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

65 queries. 82.729 seconds - atahualpa theme

Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:00 AM
vishvadeep

65 queries. 82.729 seconds

please help, http://speedywap.com

it used to be 0.5 seconds before and all of a sudden with no new plugins or anything this happened.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:07 PM
vishvadeep

Hi, all my categories in the categories bar have disappeared. please help. same site as above.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:18 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I see categories, and got 51 queries. 0.592 seconds.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 07:17 PM
vishvadeep

I have now made the css static, js static, etc, but my wordpress intallation all of sudden started to hog the cpu. I get around 10000 pageviews a day and on shared hosting with justhost.

I was wondering if there could be problem with the database, the wordpress installation or something. Something along those lines? Still if you see sometimes, you can possibly get 10seconds on the query. My site was so fast and I dont know what happened to it.

Just to let know, I am 16 years old and still learning, so asking for help because I know that you guys are the gurus of programming.

My webhost is saying to upgrade to dedicated, but I havent started to generate enough revenue to cover the prices for that yet, and I am not an expert with unmanaged vps(which my current revenue covers to host on), so cant buy that either.

Everyone's help will be appreciated a lot. I will also, give a 200X200 ad block space on the sidebar for a month, if you help me well. (I have a ctr of 4.9%)

Vish
http://speedywap.com

Last edited by vishvadeep; Aug 28, 2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old Aug 29, 2009, 08:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The problem is not with WordPress or Atahualpa, it's with all the scripts you have in the page. They are taking time to run and load.

Here is how to verify this. Go to your home page, then view the source and copy it and save it to your local drive. This file is the what Atahualpa and Wordpress created, so by using it, you are taking WP and Atahualpa out of the equation.

Now open that file with your browser and you should see your page displayed, yet it still takes 5-8 seconds to finish. Now start editing the source and get rid of some of the <script>...</script> blocks. Start with the one in the footer and save the page and reload it - see a time difference?

With all the scripts removed the page loaded in less than 2 seconds.

And remember all those references to other sites, wether to grab an image or script, are dependent on the load of the server that that site is on. You can be on the fastest server in the world, and have the fastest desktop in the world, but if your page references something from the slowest computer in the world, your page load will be sloooow.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 12:55 AM
vishvadeep

Thanks for the answer. I dont understand why the scripts would have any effect on th eloading time now, because I have using them for a long time and they never caused any problems.
Old Sep 4, 2009, 08:00 PM
vishvadeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
The problem is not with WordPress or Atahualpa, it's with all the scripts you have in the page. They are taking time to run and load.

Here is how to verify this. Go to your home page, then view the source and copy it and save it to your local drive. This file is the what Atahualpa and Wordpress created, so by using it, you are taking WP and Atahualpa out of the equation.

Now open that file with your browser and you should see your page displayed, yet it still takes 5-8 seconds to finish. Now start editing the source and get rid of some of the <script>...</script> blocks. Start with the one in the footer and save the page and reload it - see a time difference?

With all the scripts removed the page loaded in less than 2 seconds.

And remember all those references to other sites, wether to grab an image or script, are dependent on the load of the server that that site is on. You can be on the fastest server in the world, and have the fastest desktop in the world, but if your page references something from the slowest computer in the world, your page load will be sloooow.
I have now moved my host and the things are still the same, the website is using over 1gb of ram on grid hosting. I need hel getting the load of. I am evern using th super cache plugin.

Please help.
Old Sep 9, 2009, 02:51 AM
speedywap

4 posts · Sep 2009
I am having this problem as well. Now its fine though. I now want somehow the site to load progressively in Internet Explorer, since using super cache.

Last edited by speedywap; Sep 26, 2009 at 01:24 PM.