Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Can't get table cell to have a background color (or border)

Old Feb 3, 2009, 01:15 AM
Eric Bobrow

70 posts · Jan 2009
Hi Flynn -

I got inspired tonight and transferred my third site to WordPress with Atahualpa. This is just a 5 page promo for a product we sell, mainly with simple text and images. I used the Embed-It plug-in to successfully put in a Flash object with testimonial comments cycling continuously. For those of you who don't know this one, it allows you to take code snippets that sometimes get messed up by WordPress as you switch from HTML mode to Visual editing mode, and embed them in Custom Fields, then place them safely into your page by typing a simple code such as [HTML1].

Now, here's my question. I have a few tables to help arrange text and graphics better than is possible with simple Align tags. In one case, I have two text blocks side by side, and I want to separate them visually. In my previous site, I made the background color for that cell a light grey, which made it stand out. I tried various code words in the HTML for the table cell, but it stubbornly refused to change from a white background. I even tried to made a border around the cell, but it didn't show. I can make a border around the table itself, but not just one cell.

I'm sure that there is some option somewhere in the Atahualpa settings, or possibly in some CSS code that is getting in the way. If it would help to look at the site, please visit the main page of www.archicadtemplate.com and look at the table midway down the page with the text block saying FREE INTRODUCTORY WEBCAST. That's the cell I'd like to color.

Your help is much appreciated.

Eric

Last edited by Eric Bobrow; Feb 3, 2009 at 03:14 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 03:13 AM
Eric Bobrow

70 posts · Jan 2009
While I was playing around, I redesigned the site to use a sidebar with Text Widgets. Now, a similar question comes up: is it possible to define a background color for a Text Widget, and/or a border? I'd like to make each Widget a different color if possible.

I have temporarily left the INTRODUCTORY WEBCAST on the main page so that you can check out why I can't color the Table Cell. However, once you've answered, I will remove it, since I now have that text in the Sidebar Text Widget.

Thanks again for your diligent support. I'll be sending more money by PayPal when I can!

Eric
Old Feb 3, 2009, 04:19 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The table issue is a bug, the whole table background is unnecessarily hard coded as white in style.css. Delete the "background" line in style.css, at around line 1050

HTML Code:
 .post table {
    border-collapse: collapse;
    background-color: #ffffff;
    margin: 10px 0;
    }
(This is fixed in the upcoming version 3.2. see also http://forum.bytesforall.com/showpos...19&postcount=9 )

The whole table is not added as an option yet, you'd have to insert a border around the whole table via HTML/CSS Inserts

HTML Code:
 .post table {
border: solid 1px #000;
}
I'll add the .post table as an option to the menu tab "Tables".