Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Specific font for Hebrew text

Old Mar 9, 2012, 05:34 AM
liolio

27 posts · Aug 2011
Specific font for Hebrew text

Hi Everyone,

I admin a site powered with atahualpa: www.svaka.org I use wpml for the different languages of the site, so far english and french, and I use the HELVETICA font for both versions.
Now, I want to start the Hebrew version of the site, and i automatically get a terrible font ! How can I set a specific Hebrew font ? Does anybody have a clue ? (I tried wpml forum but without succes so far...)
Thanks in advance !
Old Mar 9, 2012, 05:51 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It looks like you are running Atahualpa 3.6.7 and don't have some of the patches installed. Adding those patches or MANUALLY upgrading to to 3.7.3 would be my first step.

Before doing either I suggest a backup of your site and again if you decide to upgrade use the manual method so you can switch back if things aren't quite right.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 07:46 AM
liolio

27 posts · Aug 2011
Ok, i did the upgrade to 3.7.3. For the moment the hebrew font still the same, the one by default obviously.
Old Mar 9, 2012, 08:47 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This may have to do with the RTL nature of Hebrew. This article explains more and has some suggestions.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 02:37 AM
liolio

27 posts · Aug 2011
Thank you Imilesw, but rtl or ltr is not really my problem, it's just how to change the default font, but thanks for the article you sent, it's good to have it. I eventually posted my question to wpml forum. best
Old Mar 10, 2012, 05:38 AM
liolio

27 posts · Aug 2011
ps : stupidly i didn't check with different browsers... Actually what i call a "terrible font" appears only with firefox and on mac, on a pc the font is different and ok... !?! so do you think this can be fixed with some css code to insert into the atahualpa options ?