Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Display only one category page as excerpts

Old Nov 6, 2009, 04:04 PM
adelante

6 posts · May 2009
I need to display all category pages as full posts, except a pair of them which I need to display as excerpts.

I think it maybe somehow done using "Style & edit CENTER COLUMN", but dont know how.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 07:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you control weither to display the full post or an excerpt at 'ATO->Configure EXCERPTS -> Posts or excerpts on CATEGORY pages?

If you want a couple category to display only the heading, you will need to add a 'if (!is_category('9') AND (!is_category('11')) around the bfa_post_bodycopy() at ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN-> The LOOP
Old Nov 8, 2009, 03:58 AM
adelante

6 posts · May 2009
but other (than theese two) categories I need to display as full posts, thats why I can't toggle "Posts or excerpts on CATEGORY pages?" to "excerpts only".
Old Nov 8, 2009, 04:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
right, that's why you use the if statement.
'if (!is_category('9') AND (!is_category('11')) notice the "!'? In PHP that stands for NOT, so this statement says ' If NOT category 9 AND not category 11 then display the post body' so if it is category 12, than 'NOT category 9' is TRUE and 'not category 11' is TRUE so the post body is displayed.

There may be issues if a post is in both category 9 and 12....so if you have posts with both, you may need to change the if a bit.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:36 AM
adelante

6 posts · May 2009
I've got the idea, but when I do what you say, I got no post_bodycopy at all.
What I have in my LOOP:

<?php if (!is_category('33') AND (!is_category('25')) { bfa_post_bodycopy('<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">','</div>');} ?>
Old Nov 9, 2009, 03:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I missed the need for the excerpt, so try this
HTML Code:
<?php if ((!is_category('33')) AND (!is_category('25')) ) { bfa_post_bodycopy('<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">','</div>'); }
else {		global $bfa_ata, $post;
		echo '<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">'; 
		the_excerpt(); 
		echo '</div>'; }
?>