Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Platinum SEO / Frontn Page Description Issue

Old Jan 24, 2010, 01:11 PM
gcarson

26 posts · Oct 2009
Platinum SEO / Frontn Page Description Issue

Hi,

So I'm having some issues with the Platinum SEO plugin getting a the correct description on the home page. On their FAQ's, they list this:

Many magazine themes use multiple loops (wordpress loop) on their home page. If your Home page uses a custom query or multiple loops, make sure you use WP_Query for those calls. If your code uses query_posts then wordpress gets confused and thinks it is on the Category page for the last post it selected instead of on the home page. As a result Platinum SEO includes a category title instead of the home page title. Hen for your home page template use WP_Query so that Platinum SEO outputs the correct Title on the home page.

For the life of me, I can't find where Atahualpa calls the loop to see if this is the issue? Or maybe someone knows if this isn't the issue and I can look other places? Any help pointing me in the right direction? Thanks,
Old Jan 24, 2010, 01:45 PM
gcarson

26 posts · Oct 2009
Come to think of it, my other blog using the same configuration doesn't have this issue (although that one uses 3.4.5 while the one with issues uses 3.4.4) so I'm guessing its not the theme? Or was there a rewrite between the versions that might affect this?