Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

No header image in Atahualpa 3.4.1

Old Jul 30, 2009, 06:34 AM
jamaas

5 posts · Mar 2009
Recurring nightmare here, updated to Atahualpa 3.4.1 from 3.32 on WP 2.82 on a Linux server and I can not get a header image to show up. I've put it in
.../atahualpa/images/header
and it has no spaces or extra characters in the .gif filename but still not found.

Any suggestions how to debug this?

Thanks

Jim
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:54 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
Try using the full path to the image (absolute path, not relative)..

Which would be something like "http://yoursite.com/wp-content/themes/your atahualpa version folder/images/your-picture.gif" (instead of /images/your-picture.gif)

When you figure out the above URL, paste the URL into a browser; if your image comes up, you know the path is correct and the image has been uploaded.

I use so many backgrounds & things with this theme that I've been using a top-level directory (I name it 'content') for any content called in the theme control pages ("http://my-site.com/content/picture.jpg") Saves me typing in that long URL, and it's easier to get to in an FTP program (instead of drilling down through all the folders).

IF THIS HELPS: please mark the thread as solved!
Old Jul 31, 2009, 12:59 PM
mcphoto

120 posts · Apr 2009
PS:

When you update atahualpa versions, double check the directory name - it's usually "atahualpaXXX", the x's being the version number -make sure you have the full directory name in your URL path. That's screwed up plenty of folks around here, but it is a necessary thing to have to tell the versions apart in your WP install.

And - I'll really re-emphasize checking image URLs in a browser when there's trouble; paste the URL directly from the theme options panel. You can go nuts troubleshooting this stuff, only to find you had a bad character in the URL (or forgot to actually upload the image, easy to do when you get used to posting images via the wordpress editor)- it's easy to mess up a URL in a small text-entry box.