Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Help installing event calendar widget in sidebar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 7, 2009, 04:16 AM
echamings

4 posts · May 2009
Smile Help installing event calendar widget in sidebar

Hello everyone!

Can anyone offer me some help installing this widget in my right hand sidebar please?

http://wpcal.firetree.net/installation/

I have ran through the installation, however it does not appear in the available widgets menu. I assume I need to do the task where it says:

Quote:
4. Add the Event Calendar or Upcoming Events list to your sidebar.

If you use the WordPress Widgets, then the Event Calendar is available as an easy to install widget. In order to use it you must first activate the “Event Calendar Widget” plugin.

If you use the K2 template then the Event Calendar is available as a sidebar module.

Otherwise, you need to make a small adition to your template. Add the following code to your sidebar.php:

Event Calendar:
<li>
<?php ec3_get_calendar(); ?>
</li>

Upcoming Events:
<li>Events
<?php ec3_get_events(5); ?>
</li>

If you are using an older template, then you should check that your HTML header contains the following tag: <?php wp_head(); ?>

Caution: The Event Calendar must be unique. If you try to show more than one calendar on a page, then only the first will be displayed.
But I am a bit lost as to where this needs to go.

Any ideas?