Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Tag cloud won't "cloud"

Old May 25, 2011, 05:59 AM
kleverklikk

3 posts · May 2011
I am using atahualpa 3.6.4 and although I have the tag cloud widget in the right place, and it shows up in the sidebar, it won't make a nice "cloud". It just shows up as black text.
URL is declutteringhelp.com
I have another blog which uses version 3.4.6 and the tag cloud works fine.
In your reply, please use plain english. I have read other posts about tag clouds but frankly could not understand the advice - not very technical.

thanks in advance.
Old May 25, 2011, 06:32 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Are you using the same tag cloud widget on both sites? Also I am curious why you have the left inner sidebar turned on. It's eating up a lot of screen space.
Old May 25, 2011, 09:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
how many posts do you have? the cloud is based on the number of posts with the same tag
Old May 25, 2011, 08:15 PM
kleverklikk

3 posts · May 2011
I am using the tag cloud widget supplied with atahualpa. I can't see any code, I just drag and drop the widget into the correct side bar. One site works (with the older version of atahualpa) with the widget which I just dragged and dropped, the other site doesn't (with the newer version) with the widget that I dragged and dropped. Both widgets look exactly the same on the surface but I'm guessing that there is something different in the html code in the two versions.

I have the left side bar turned on because it is supposed to have adsense ads in it, but I take your point, I could turn it off.

I have two posts and three pages (I'm still developing it), but I have put in 5 tags and they are all just black text.

Thanks for your help.
Old May 25, 2011, 09:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The 'tag cloud' widget is part of WordPress, not Atahualpa. Read this, it may help http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_...e/wp_tag_cloud
Old May 26, 2011, 06:44 PM
kleverklikk

3 posts · May 2011
Thank you for this. I did go to that URL (I didn't previously find anything like it although I did search Wordpress before contacting this forum and because I couldn't find anything I thought it must be atahualpa) and it kinda helps, and it kinda doesn't because I don't understand some of the terms (Stag? taxonomy?) but I'll get there. At least I have a bit of an idea now. And somewhere to start. Thanks again.

cheers