Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Can't vertically align text in custom widget

Old Dec 27, 2011, 01:40 PM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
I have created a custom widget above the logo/header and in this widget I have placed a Contact Us link and the search box. I can't seem to vertically align the text to match up with the search box however. How can I do this?

Here is the code from my widget:

<div style="font-size: 16px; text-align: right; margin-bottom: 10px; color: #ffffff;"><a href="http://www.reapfoundation.org/contact">Contact Us</a>
<div class="searchbox" style="float: right;"> <form method="get" class="searchform" action="http://www.reapfoundation.org/"> <div class="searchbox-form"><input type="text" class="text inputblur" onfocus="this.value=''" value="Search this site" onblur="this.value='Search this site'" name="s" /></div></form></div>
</div>

I've tried top padding in the outer div, I've tried adding a div just for the text, I've used firebug to try to find which divs I can change and tried all sorts of stuff in the CSS inserts, but I can't seem to find the right combination or area to change.

The URL is www.reapfoundation.org.

I'm using the most recent versions of Atahualpa and WP.

Thank you!
Old Dec 27, 2011, 02:45 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I was trying to come up with some "hints" but couldn't so try the following in CSS Inserts.
HTML Code:
#text-2 a {
    top: 5px;
    position: relative;
}
All I did was use Firebug to determine the selector and play with CSS in Firebug to see what worked. Then, if I was implementing this, I would have copied the code from Firebug and pasted it into CSS Inserts
Old Dec 27, 2011, 04:33 PM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
That worked, thank you! I tried some CSS using that div, but I tried vertical-align: middle;.