Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Where did my menu go?

Old Jun 15, 2018, 04:06 PM
linkup

16 posts · Aug 2011
Where did my menu go?

Hello...I started to edit a site as there was some old Flash code in the footer. I looked in the menu bar and no option for Atahualpa. I am running Atahualpa 3.5.3 on WP 4.9.6. Can I get from that version to a newer version and regain my menu option and ability to edit Atahualpa?

I have done some research here but after a log of digging I missed the solution and even the link to the download seems to be missing?

Thanks
Old Jun 15, 2018, 06:50 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Wow!! Atahualpa 3.5.3 is really really old. The latest release is 3.7.24. Unfortunately Wordpress is no longer listing it, but it is still there. Use this link: https://wordpress.org/themes/atahualpa/

Make sure to do a full backup (database and all file/folders of the site) before changing the theme.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 08:52 PM
linkup

16 posts · Aug 2011
Thanks for the link....is it because of the age of my version that the menu disappeared. I need to be able to edit the footer at a minimum for now.

Lew
Old Jun 16, 2018, 06:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Quote:
is it because of the age of my version that the menu disappeared. I need to be able to edit the footer at a minimum for now.
It could be. Running very old versions of themes and plugins with the latest version of WP is a bad idea...things change in WP that may make the theme or plugin stop working or have odd effects.

Atahualpa V 3.5.3 was released in 2010 - 8 years ago

In release 3.6.7 (released 2011) the ability too include PHP in the theme options was removed due to WP requirements. So if you had any in the theme options it will not work however there is not a footer widget area and you can do some stuff there.

I would suggest you backup your site, clone it to a test site and do the upgrade there first so you can see what issues you may run into and work on fixing them. Then AFTER you have done that, you can upgrade your production site.

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 18, 2018 at 01:45 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 09:24 AM
linkup

16 posts · Aug 2011
Thanks for the suggestion to try and upgrade on a copied version of the site. What I don't know how to do is the upgrade itself. Previous upgrades were done through the program itself. I also know how to copy a new theme to the theme folder and change to it, but how do I manually upgrade to the new theme using the file you gave me the download link for? Do I simply put it in place of the old version?

Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2018, 03:02 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
FIRST make sure, if you stored any header images in the atahualpa/images/header folder you make copies of them first. - It might be a good idea to just copy the entire folder to your local computer.

Then you can just replace the atahualpa folder with the new one in the themes folder.