Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating » Old Version fixes and change logs »

Upgrading question

Old Aug 24, 2013, 11:11 PM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
Upgrading question

I'm running 3.7.9 ATA and version 3.5.1 WordPress. At this point I'd rather leave ATA the same version, but i am interested in updating to WordPress 3.6 Has anyone tried to do this? I did try once several weeks ago and the site gave me a fatal error.

I'd really like to upgrade. Anyone else ever done this?
Old Aug 25, 2013, 04:16 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you should have no problem upgrading both. By moving to 3.7.12 you get two big new features
1) you can move your header images, logo and favicon out of the theme folder so you don't have to worry about them during future updates
2) you get a area at the topand bottom of the center colum you can put new widget areas in.

maks sure to backup your database and wp-content folder before proceeding
Old Aug 25, 2013, 09:34 AM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
I've downloaded the 3.7.12 but after looking at it, i have A LOT of work to do on the site before it could be used. I noticed that none of my custom widgets came acorss. Then again, it may be because it is a slider and the images are still in the old version. Guess I'll have to take some time in the next few weeks and work on it. The good thing is that I can have 2 separate versions of ATA installed while I work on correcting one. (just have to do it in the evening)

The updates in 3.7.12 I like and am using it on another site, but I know it will take time to get this right.

I was disappointed I could not upgrade WordPress though.

Can I just copy my wp-content folder into the new version?

Thanks for the response.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 01:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You should be able to just upgrade wp, I was just suggesting you do both to get the benefit