Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] WP Ecommerce price displaey reveresed

Old Mar 5, 2013, 02:09 AM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
[SOLVED] WP Ecommerce price displaey reveresed

Hi,

you recently helped me out in another thread in a related problem:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=19637

I didn't notice at the time but there was a by product of this fix which has just come to light which has affected two other pages relating to the way the price is displayed, it should read:

Price £1.99 for example but it reads £1.99 Price:

I undid the fix mentioned in the thread above and that fixes the price display problem but reintroduces the () problem I initially had.

It looks like both problems are looking at the same bit of css:

span.pricedisplay{
white-space: nowrap;
color: #333333;
font-size: 10pt;
width: 80px;
/* float:right; */
/* font-weight: bold; */
}

To fix the () problem I commented out the float:right, this caused the price display problem, so if I un comment the float:right it fixes the price display problem but reintroduces the () problem.

I have attached a couple of screenshots to show this problem:

the first (commented-float.jpg) is with the float:right commented out, as you can see the £cost comes before the price but the brackets are correct in that they surround the tax figure (top right)

the second (un-commented-float.jpg) is with the float:right un-commented, this fixes the price display problem so that it reads Price: £0.00 but now the brackets have gone askew (top right)

So at the moment it looks like I can have one fix but not both.

As you suggested in my previous thread that I should contact the plugins authors wp-ecommerce/getshopped.org but there was no reply from there regarding the brackets problem so I sure would appreciate you help here please. This site is now on a development server which I can give you access to should you need it.

Best regards

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	commented-float.jpg
Views:	2431
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	2265  Click image for larger version

Name:	un-commented-float.jpg
Views:	2396
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	2266  
Old Mar 5, 2013, 04:21 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
My best guess would be to edit the plugin code and change the order of the output so that if is is outputting 'price' then the amount variable, you would move 'price' after the amount variable in the plugin code.
Old Mar 5, 2013, 04:27 AM
ozbod

59 posts · Jan 2010
Stamford, Lincs, England
Hi,

thanks for your input, since writing we tried what you suggested but it still wouldn't appear in the correct order, so we tried a different tack and decided to hide/delete the word Price and after much searching and head scratching we cracked it so all is good in our word again.

Thanks again

Dave