Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Languages & Translations »

[SOLVED] Getting WPML's language option to display on the blog page

Old Sep 24, 2012, 01:40 PM
griffinjay

16 posts · May 2009
[SOLVED] Getting WPML's language option to display on the blog page

We're able to get the WPML plugin to display the "This post is also available in: Spanish" option to display at the top of individual blog posts but we'd like to have that be visible at the top of each post that's been translated when viewing the entire blog: http://peacewinds.org/blog

The Atahualpa theme is listed as one of those "tested by WPML team" on their Theme Compatibility page: http://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

I've been getting help from Harshad, a support staffer at WPML via this discussion thread:
http://wpml.org/forums/topic/getting...the-blog-page/

I've given him admin and FTP access but thus far, no success. I've assumed that the code needs to be added to the index.php file but it breaks the site when I do. And now his last comment confuses me (I'm not much of a techie):

Quote:
Can you please contact the theme developers, and get the exact filename to edit, so we can put the code into the same file. Or is it another way to add the php code via theme options?
I don't know what to tell him so I thought I'd try here.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try editing index.php and add
HTML Code:
	<? if function_exists('icl_post_languages') {
	      icl_post_languages($post->ID);} ?>
after line 16 which is
HTML Code:
	<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); $bfa_ata_postcount++; ?>
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:24 AM
griffinjay

16 posts · May 2009
Thanks, J.

I had tried something similar but the problem was the blog page had to be 'translated' even though the blog page is blank/empty.

Problem solved.