Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

SMS and email opt-in plugin needed

Old Apr 9, 2012, 07:04 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
SMS and email opt-in plugin needed

I'm running a site now that has a chat room (using Cometchat) and 3 embedded live cams showing activity in 3 bird nests (great blue heron in upstate NY, red-tailed hawks in NYC, and bald eagles in Iowa). My users would like to be able to send a quick SMS and email to other members when they see something exciting starting to happen in one of the nests, like an egg starting to hatch.

This should be opt-in, from a form. I don't want every registered user/member to get such an alert, only the ones who have specifically opt-in for this. And the alert has to go out immediately, given the time-sensitive nature of the event. I've found that email alerts/newsletters run through the WP system can take a long time to actually go out.

Any ideas?