Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

edit link on all posts?

Old Feb 18, 2009, 12:43 PM
strangelove

29 posts · Feb 2009
Greetings,

I just switched from the mystylook theme to atahualpa (and made a modest donation via paypal -- thank you for the effort!).

The mystylook theme had a nice feature, an EDIT link on all posts, which allowed the admin to simply click an go immediately to the edit-this-post section. A nice feature for cleaning and toying with the layout.

Is there a widget or a quick fix that is available for added an edit (for the admin) link to eack post?

Again, thank you,

Michael
Old Feb 18, 2009, 01:53 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Thank you for the donation, Michael.

See Atahualpa Theme Options -> Post/Page Info Items.

Add something like
Code:
%edit(' - ', 'Edit This Post', '')%
to one of the 4 "Footer: ...." textareas at the bottom
Old Feb 18, 2009, 02:19 PM
strangelove

29 posts · Feb 2009
That did the trick -- needs to be added to the sections:

FOOTER: Homepage

FOOTER: Multi Post Pages

FOOTER: Single Post Pages

Again, an incredibly flexible, user-friendly Wordpress template that is clean in design and easy to read. I changed the font size from 0.8 to 1 for older readers such as I, and customized the header image.

Am getting the error message "You need to a flashplayer enabled browser to view this YouTube video" in IE 7 where videos once were (no changes in FireFox). This must be a known problem ...

Dr. Strangelove
www.strangelove.com/blog
Old Feb 18, 2009, 02:27 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The two small videos in the sidebars, one left one right? They work for me in IE6 and IE7, there's "
Not available in IE browsers." at the bottom, but that's not an error message but a plain text that's been put inside the text widget and could be removed, and that text shows in any browser.

If it's indeed not playing/working for you in IE7, can you check it with the "default" theme for a moment and see if it works there. This should not be theme related.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 02:39 PM
strangelove

29 posts · Feb 2009
Thank you Flynn.

Yes, I put the 'not available' message in -- I'll remove it now that you have confirmed that the small videos embedded in the right and left hand columns work.

Oddly, they do not show in my IE 7, nor do any videos within the body text show in my IE7 (all is fine in Firefox).

Thus, I must have something turned off in my IE 7 options. What a pain... what a noob.

Michael

EDIT: I think the problem lies with flash player needing update in IE7 -- of course I cannot get IE7 to update it!

Last edited by strangelove; Feb 18, 2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2009, 02:41 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Check in the default theme if you want to see if the theme is doing something with the videos, but it should be not. But to be sure...
Old Feb 18, 2009, 03:55 PM
strangelove

29 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks -- had to deinstall and reinstall active x controls.

Michael