Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Menu Centering and menu border question

Old Jun 18, 2011, 12:05 AM
allynmey

15 posts · May 2011
Dighton, MA USA
Menu Centering and menu border question

Hi all, I am trying to figure out how to simply center my menu. the website is www.blackfridayo.com
I simply want to center the menu not spread it out.
The other issue is I want the border 1px line to be removed under the menu items so the menu items will look like a file folder tab when live. Any help? I searched for an answer but only could find 2-3 year old answers for centering and spreading out the menu items.
Thanks,
Allynmey
Old Jun 18, 2011, 08:03 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are several ways to do that. One is to use %page-center instead fo %pages for the menu. You will probably have to fiddle with CSS to "clean it up". Another which should work as long as you don't add menu items is by adding the following, in your case, to ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts. I only could do a virtual test however.
HTML Code:
#header {
    background: #c67b0b;
}
#menu1 {
    width: 762px;
    margin: 0 auto;
}
Old Jun 19, 2011, 03:23 PM
allynmey

15 posts · May 2011
Dighton, MA USA
Thanks Larry, that worked just fine. The last thing on menus... If the 1px item underneath the menu was gone, the active menu items would look like folder tabs. To me, that would be awesome! any ideas?

Allyn

Last edited by allynmey; Jun 19, 2011 at 03:32 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 08:09 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Try adding the following to the CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
#rmenu2 a {
    border-bottom: none !important;
}
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:09 PM
allynmey

15 posts · May 2011
Dighton, MA USA
Larry that works great! There is one problem with it though. there is a 1px extention of the header color before and after the menu. I fixed that by enabling %bar2 in the header properties and changing it to the same color as the body below. It makes it a perfectly smooth line across.

Thanks for all your help. This one should be bookmarked for future use!
Old Jun 20, 2011, 06:05 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try
HTML Code:
div#menu1 #rmenu2 li a { border-bottom: solid 1px white; }