Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How do I remove the META widget

Old May 29, 2009, 01:24 AM
dododi

4 posts · May 2009
What is the best way of removing the meta widget? I do not want it on the page at all?

I am using 3.3.3

Thanks
Old May 29, 2009, 04:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go to the WordPress Dashboard -> Appearance -> Widgets and on the right side of the screen, select the widget and hit the 'Edit" then Remove' then 'Save'
Old May 31, 2009, 10:03 PM
dododi

4 posts · May 2009
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately this does not work for me.

If I go to widgets, all widgets have "add" beside them. If I click add next to "Meta" then all widgets in the right bar disappear. If I then click edit then remove, then they all reappear and the Meta remains.

It looks to me that the widgets are being controlled specifically by Atahualpa and overriding the widgets settings in Wordpress.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Stuart
Old Jun 1, 2009, 05:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what version of WP are you and do you know what version of PHP you are using?

When you go to the widgets page in the dashboard, is the Meta widget on the right or left sidebar?

what happens if you swap to the default theme, do you see the same problem?
Old Jun 3, 2009, 01:32 AM
dododi

4 posts · May 2009
Thanks for your reply.

I am using version 2.7.1 of wordpress on IIS 7 running PHP 5.26.

No widgets show up in the left or right sidebar. All widgets have add next to them.

I am a bit concerned about switching themes as I am afraid that I will loose some of the settings that are specific to Atahualpa.

Thanks
Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:39 AM
dododi

4 posts · May 2009
Does anyone have a solution for this. From what I have read the problem that I am experiencing is due to the widgets being hard coded into the template.

If I try adding widgets then the existing setup and widgets is lost.

Is there any way of removing the meta widget by itself directly from the code?

Thanks,

Stuart
Old Jun 5, 2009, 03:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Stuart,
The META widiget is part of the WordPress install, it's not an Atahualpa option. Have you tried switching to another theme 2 column theme to see if you can add/remove widgets?

If you add another theme to wp-contents/themes, you can switch back and forth between themes without loosing anything.