Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Adding Social Images to Page Menu (As Menu Items)

Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:49 PM
justle

3 posts · Jan 2011
Someone here might be able to help me. My site is http://www.bestdamnnerdshow.com.

I'm essentially trying to take the social buttons (currently in a widget on the right) and add them to the pages menu.

How do I achieve this? Am I creating menu items and using CSS to somehow replace the text with an image? Am I adding the images elsewhere and styling them using z-index?

Either way, please bare with me and explain how to achieve this. Thank you in advance for your help!
Old Jan 26, 2011, 10:50 PM
justle

3 posts · Jan 2011
I'd like to add, I used the search functionality extensively before posting here, couldn't find an answer to this specific question.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 12:00 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you use the WordPress menu system you can add them as images right in the navigation label area or you can add a class to the menu and then use CSS to give the menu a background image.