Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Slideshow doesn't show in header area

Old Oct 25, 2011, 03:31 PM
guaccio2209

9 posts · Oct 2011
Hello everybody, i have a little problem.

I'm tryng to show into my homepage(blog) a slideshow(meteor slideshow).
This is working when i insert it in a page with the shortcode, and as a widget.
But he don't show up when i put the correct code into the header area:

I tried to put it after the logo section and after the %image(that i don't actually use)...this is the code into the Configure Header Area, like i saw it in a few posts in this forum.
%logo <?php if ( function_exists( 'meteor_slideshow' ) ) { meteor_slideshow(); } ?> %page-right

Not necessarly i've to put it in the logo area, even the %image can be fine, but i need this slideshow to works.
The link to my site is HERE, i've coloured in black the logo area so you can see when i want to put the slideshow.

P.s: i'm using the latest version of WP and Atahualpa.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 04:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you can not use php in the header area due to a wordpress requirement except for the new widget area code (because of the way the theme parses it.

So remove the code '<?php if ( function_exists( 'meteor_slideshow' ) ) { meteor_slideshow(); } ?>' and put in the new widget area code, add a text widget to the new widget area and add your code to the text widget.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:02 PM
guaccio2209

9 posts · Oct 2011
OK, thx for the reply,you are very gentle
My next question now is...how can i put the widget area into the header section?
'Cause i've posted this code after the %logo : <?php bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area'); ?>
But nothing is happening.
How can i create a text widget to insert my php function for slideshow?

Btw, congrats for this theme, it is very professional and useful.

Last edited by guaccio2209; Oct 26, 2011 at 04:17 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 04:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Putting the code as you have it should have created a new widget area called My new widget area in Appearance>Widgets. You can make that widget area a different name by using different words in that part of the code.

Now you can put a php aware widget such as the Linkable Title Html and Php widget and put the php code for the Meteor slideshow in it.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 06:30 AM
guaccio2209

9 posts · Oct 2011
Ok thx i got it!!! problem solved.

Thanks for the quick answer!problem solved.