Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Images positioning themsevles differently with new Firefox

Old Feb 5, 2010, 01:30 PM
jkthompson72

1 posts · Feb 2010
So I like to pack in a lot of right and left aligned images in my WordPress articles and had been taking the time to make sure they line up properly with the paragraphs and other images. But with the latest Firefox update I found that a lot of my pages were suddenly displaying the images incorrectly. Not lining up with where I wanted in a paragraph, bumping a line of text on the previous paragraph off to the side, or sometimes colliding with another image and forcing one of them way off into the middle of the page which really looks awful. I tried downgrading to an earlier Firefox version and found the problem was no longer present, nor was it displaying improperly on Internet Explorer.

After tinkering around with it a bit more I found out apparently what changed was Firefox now displays images at the same line of text as where the HTML image insert is located; previously it had been appearing on the line after. I guess this makes a bit more sense but it's both a hassle to go through every page and realign all the images so they accommodate this change, plus it will only cause the images to be out of sync for IE users.

My question is, is there a way that I can get all the images to position themselves at a line below where they currently are, and have this only affect Firefox users? Preferably a CSS insert that would affect the entire site rather than having to change each individual image? Did anyone else have this problem and find a way to adjust for it?

Thank you very much for any help...
-Jeremy Thompson