Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Is the Facebook Like Box compatible with Atahualpa?

Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:38 AM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
Is the Facebook Like Box compatible with Atahualpa?

I am having trouble getting the new Facebook Like Box to work on my Atahualpa site.

Info about the Like Box can be found here: http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Like_Box

I've tried both the Javascript and Iframe versions. The Javascript version won't load at all for me, but if I look at the page source with Firebug the code appears, but is dimmed (like it's hidden).

The Iframe version does show up, but only have of the box loads. It gets cut off after like 150px or so.

Has anyone else tried to get a Like Box on their site? I disabled all plug-ins and still had the same issues, so I'm wondering if it's something with Atahualpa (or maybe I have some custom CSS that messed it up, but I think that's unlikely).

Thanks for any responses. :)

-Adam
Old Apr 25, 2010, 03:52 PM
btrandolph

9 posts · Apr 2010
I posted a similar query for the "like" button. I was able to get it to show up on one post, but in the wrong place. I took the code out, but the button is still there!
Old Apr 25, 2010, 04:51 PM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
I had trouble with the like button at first...you need to make sure you have closing tags </fb:like> after the initial code. Facebook doesn't give that closing tag in the code they give you but you need it.

Have you personally gotten the like box to work?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 10:46 AM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
Figured out the iframe problem, needed to specify the height. The default height is too short, it doesn't auto adjust. Gotta make sure you fix it in both "height:X" and also in the source url you have to change the number there too.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:06 AM
btrandolph

9 posts · Apr 2010
used a plugin, shows up fine
Old Apr 27, 2010, 11:34 AM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
which version did you use? iframe or XFBML?