Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Trying to understand page layout.....

Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:22 AM
RobertSGold

9 posts · Apr 2009
I am still new at HTML, and have been very happy with the theme. I've learned a lot, and am progressing with my new site.

I am having trouble accomplishing a look that seems to be normal with other sites; having a fixed-width content area in the center of the screen, with a color background on either side of the content to accomodate different width monitors. Please see as an example, http://www.enclaria.com/, done in WP with a premium theme (Essence from iThemes). The color (and textured) background fills the page regardless of the monitor width, and when the window is resized, the content remains centered and not cut off until the resize is narrower than the content.

With every conceivable combination of parameters on the Layout page, I am unable to accomplish this desired behavior.

It surprises me that I can't find a forum post on this topic. Maybe I am just a bit slow.....

Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 11:37 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
See Atahualpa Theme Options -> Layout -> Layout WIDTH and type (FLUID or FIXED)

Put a pixel value there such as

1000px

To apply a background image on the body, see Atahualpa Theme Options -> Body, Text & Links -> Body Style

Add something like

HTML Code:
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa332/images/backgr.gif) repeat top left;
there

You'd have to adjust the image path if your theme directory is not /atahualpa332/
Old Apr 16, 2009, 08:18 PM
RobertSGold

9 posts · Apr 2009
Flynn:

Thanks as always for the quick response.

Sorry that I may not have been clear in my question. It is not the style of the content body that I am trying to adjust, it is the spacers on either side of the content that simply fill out the screen, especially on a wide screen monitor. I don't seem to be able to control this with the parameters offered.

I have already tried both fluid and fixed layout widths, but don't seem to get the behavior I am looking for.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 08:46 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
That site enclaria.com has a fixed width plus a background image, which is causing those red areas on both sides of the layout. It has no sidebars, do you mean that? You can turn off the sidebar of Atahualpa at Theme Settings -> Sidebars.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 04:37 AM
mlluch

12 posts · Jul 2009
Hi, I have the same querry as Rober has and I cannot find the solution on the forum, I want to have the background of my site with a specific color. By background I mean the areas around the layout containter. I have a 69% fix layout width and I want all around the layout container to be of a specific color. Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 9, 2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 07:51 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Under "Body, Text & Links" you just put a background color.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 07:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
as lmilesw said, at ATO->Body, Text & Links->Body Style add 'background: #1122ff;' the #1122ff is the RGB color code you want to use
Old Dec 10, 2009, 04:19 AM
mlluch

12 posts · Jul 2009
thanks, it is working