Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Pages - jump - depending if they fit into length of browser window o

Old Jul 15, 2009, 02:41 PM
coop42

13 posts · Jul 2009
[SOLVED] Pages - jump - depending if they fit into length of browser window o

This is weird.

When I open a short page in the browser all is well. If I switch to a 'longer page', one that is too long to fit into the open browser window, the page image in the browser jumps a few mm to the left. If I go back to the short page, it jumps back to the right.

If I stay on the short page, but shrink the browser window so that the web page no longer fits into the browser display space, the page jumps to the left.

As the browser window 'gets near' the footer, it causes the page to jump.

See: http://www.rockley.com/SuccessfulWomensHealth/

Grab the browser window and make it 'cover' the content in the browser (vertically) to see what I mean.

This does not happen in IE8, but it does happen in FF 3.0.11 , Opera 9.63, Safari 3.2.1 and Chrome 2.0.172.33.

I'm running WP 2.8.1 and Atahualpa 3.4.2.

Any suggestions?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 06:42 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Post again when you site is up, it currently display an error message
Old Jul 16, 2009, 09:44 AM
coop42

13 posts · Jul 2009
Flynn,

Thanks for looking.

The site's up again - the ISP had messed up something on the DB server. I'm not the only person who had a problem with thatthis morning!

coop
Old Jul 16, 2009, 05:53 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
It's caused by the vertical scrollbar that comes and goes depending on page length. I would consider this normal, standard behavior albeit not necessarily welcome. I.e. it happens with the Default theme and probably any other theme or website as well, where the page is centered. IE does indeed not count the 20 pixel width of the scrollbar it seems, it reserves the 20 px for the scollbar.

You can correct it by setting Style & Edit Footer -> Sticky footer on short pages? to Yes and editing the numbers in js.php lines 396-398

var bfacompensate = 41;
} else {
var bfacompensate = 21;

Change them to 40 and 20. This should cause a vertical scrollbar even on short pages and thus avoid the jump
Old Nov 15, 2009, 02:25 AM
denbert

19 posts · Jan 2009
Copenhagen
Wow - Fantastic - should be sticky, as this has been paining me for month-