Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Perhaps too simple..., but not for me

Old Aug 6, 2010, 05:26 AM
jcarlosd

8 posts · Aug 2010
Sorry to ask probably a very simple question, but I was looking through many posts and could fine an answer to this simple need:

I just want to have in the home page my menus at both left and right and the content of a couple of pages, no posts. They are my welcome page and my personal content page. They are created as pages (not as posts) and I want to justo show them in the home page.

Probably it is simple..., but I can not figure out how to do it

Thx in advance

JC
Old Aug 6, 2010, 02:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I'm not clear on what you are asking. Do you just want some of the pages you create in the menubar?
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
Old Aug 6, 2010, 04:23 PM
jcarlosd

8 posts · Aug 2010
I use WP 3.01 and Atahualpa 3.5.3

I did not mean the menubar, but the central area. What I want is to show the content of one or two pages in the center, just at home page. Is it possible to configure it?

JC
Old Aug 7, 2010, 02:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I confused, are you saying you have pageA and B but you want to show the contents on the home pagez. Justput the contents on the home page then and get rid of page A and B
Old Aug 8, 2010, 01:15 AM
jcarlosd

8 posts · Aug 2010
Well, I did not express clearly. I have some pages. They will keep as they are. But in the home page I want to show sometimes the content of one or two of them. How can I setup that? How can I control the content of the home page?

JC
Old Aug 8, 2010, 03:55 AM
rosetrees

108 posts · Mar 2009
It sounds to me as if you will need to use a plug-in for that. I don't know if this one would help http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...allery-plugin/
Old Aug 8, 2010, 04:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Yes you will need a plugin or you will have to code a template for the home page and make calls to the database to get the info from the pages. This is a non-standard situation

why not copy the info you want to 'sometimes show', to a post and then you could make it a sticky and swap it from 'public' to 'draft' when you want to show/hide it