Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Post Text Issues Plus Image Borders And Comment Closed Message!

Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:32 PM
Dark_Fox

7 posts · Aug 2010
Scotland
Hi Everyone

I just signed up this morning, ( 3.47am here ) I have been working on figuring out Atahualpa's many features for around a full day now. I am using the very latest edition of the theme which is Atahualpa 3.5.3

I'm currently using a test site to see if i like it enough to change from the Suffusion theme which i am currently using on my main site.

I am pretty sure i enabled image borders but i now am lost and don't know where i went to do this, i know thats a duh moment but i have also searched the forums and came up with information saying i need to go to theme options/appearances and images, i don't see that option in the latest edition of Atahualpa. Anyone help me locate the place to go to switch the borders off again. ?

I am also having text issues, i switched the theme colour to black because thats the colour i want the site to be, front page content renders fine but post content is invisible until you scroll your mouse over it, likely because a setting is at #000 for text and i want it at #fff so like the above question it's just me asking where in theme options for the latest edition do i find that control. ?

Lastly this one might be more tricky, with suffusion i have set the width to 932px and have a 207px sidebar and 725px main center content for posts, i have managed to set the width to 932px and sidebar to 207px but i see issues with posts not displaying as they did in my Suffusion setup, thus if i switch themes there is going to be a lot of posts displaying text next to images which will not look as i planned them to look.

I do love the fluid layout but the images which are aligned with text in posts just don't work in multiple browser resolutions ( unfortunately ) well sure they work but it ends up looking far too amateurish because carefully aligned text and images now look awful.

Ok so i tried altering font size, i changed to 12px and this helps fit content on the front page better, it still does not match the look of posts in the main content area i made for Suffusion though where lining up text and images is vital. Incidentally i looked at Suffusion css and it looks like font size is 12px and inline height is 1.5 so thats the same as Atahualpa unless i'm missing something and maybe it's a padding issue.

I'm not keen on showing examples since Google may pick it up but i imagine it's vital to show what i mean so below is one example from the main site and test site, you probably need to scroll mouse over text to see it. I copied all html code precisely from the main admin post to the test site.

http://www.darkrealmfox.com/film_rev...the-argonauts/

http://www.darkrealmfox.com/testsite...the-argonauts/

I also seem to have lost text from the excerpts on the front page, how do i enable that. ?

Finally what do i need to do to get the CSS and Javascript files enabled to external, currently i tried that and it just broke the site so i have left at inline for now but i think it might help with speeding up the site.
( yes/no ? )

Sorry for these questions which may have been seen before but i did try searching and i just couldn't locate the answers, i thought i would ask the questions in one post rather than multiple posts and the settings control panel seems to have changed so older posts don't help as much, anyway a nudge in the right direction is all i need and i hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Last edited by Dark_Fox; Aug 11, 2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:46 PM
Dark_Fox

7 posts · Aug 2010
Scotland
Ok my mistake on the comment closed bit, i did that in the post section.

Yah i'm stupid for forgetting but thats one issue fixed, now i just need the other bits and i'm good to go.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:42 AM
Dark_Fox

7 posts · Aug 2010
Scotland
Ok i fixed the issue with the text colours and now the posts are viewable, silly mistake i made, must hang head in shame.

Now i'm just wondering how to get the image borders switched off and fix the text and the way it works with images exactly the same as it is with Suffusion and i also noticed a new issue, the scrolling bar at the bottom of the site. ?

Advice is welcome on the above.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 06:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
why do you have a margin-right:840px; set in ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Blog Title? That is causing the scrool bar since you now made your sites right margin way way over to the right. If you make your window large enough it goes away (I have two 23" monitors and had to expand it half way across the second one.)
Old Aug 11, 2010, 08:45 AM
Dark_Fox

7 posts · Aug 2010
Scotland
I don't know what happened there, i guess i was playing around with settings and forgot to remove that.

Any idea how to get the white border off the images, i wouldn't mind a black border but slightly less thick as it will blend in with the theme.

Also in my post settings i have for the images next to text i have border of 1 and vertical and horizontal spacing of 4 set, the spacing appears not to work, do i need to alter something in the theme settings. ?

The only other thing really is how can i get the main content post area to exactly 725px with no padding. ?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 02:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
have you looked at the atahualpa image options? (under 'Various Content Items')
Old Aug 12, 2010, 09:56 AM
Dark_Fox

7 posts · Aug 2010
Scotland
I'll take a look and try a few things out.

Thanks for your help.