Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Strange behavior when editing bfa_header_config.php

Old Mar 23, 2009, 06:38 PM
jacoblo

3 posts · Mar 2009
Unhappy Strange behavior when editing bfa_header_config.php

First of all thanks for a great theme and the wonderful customization options!

I have unfortunately run into a problem when editing the bfa_header_config.php and trying to include a twitter status.

I have followed the instructions given on the forum and I added the following below // End of title/description:

$logo_area .='<td rowspan="2" valign="middle" class="header-banner"><div id="jlotwit"><a href="http://twitter.com/jacoblo" title="Twitter - jacoblo" target="_blank"> ' . aktt_latest_tweet() . '</a></div></td>';

It pulls my last twitter, the jlotwit is shown but the actual text is completely misplaced. The strange is that if I don't use the aktt_latest_tweet function and just put in the phrase "test", it appears fine in the correct place. What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?

The live example can be seen at www.jacoblo.se

// Jacob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-capture.jpg
Views:	1464
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	67  Click image for larger version

Name:	screen-capture-1.jpg
Views:	1461
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	68  
Old Mar 23, 2009, 09:03 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
That function is outputting something right away but we need something that just provides content but doesn't print it. $logo_area is just collecting the content of the logo area, not printing it. You'd need to capture the output of aktt_latest_tweet() first

PHP Code:
ob_start(); aktt_latest_tweet(); $latest_tweet ob_get_contents(); ob_end_clean();
$logo_area .='<td rowspan="2" valign="middle" class="header-banner"><div id="jlotwit"><a href="http://twitter.com/jacoblo" title="Twitter - jacoblo" target="_blank"> ' $latest_tweet '</a></div></td>'
Old Mar 24, 2009, 04:45 AM
jacoblo

3 posts · Mar 2009
A little above my skill level, but it worked after copy-paste big thanks once again!