Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Glitch while activating the BFA subscribe widget.. site content not displayi

Old Dec 22, 2009, 07:39 AM
Mariannable

3 posts · Sep 2009
no fixed address - born and raised in Alberta, Canada
Hi there,
Help!
I just donated, so I hope this will jump me somewhat ahead in the queue as I have encountered a serious problem and would really appreciate a hand.

I am using WP 2.9 and Atahualpa 3.4.4.
While installing the BFA subscribe widget to the right sidebar, I fear something glitched out. When I checked my site, none of the content below the header image, including the page menu bar, was displaying.

See http://mariannegraff.com to see what I mean.

I attempted to remedy the situation by uninstalling the widget (moving it back to the inactive side) but this didn't fix the problem. There are still no words on m blog besides the title above the header image.

I fear some rogue code got loose. Any ideas about what can be done to fix this?

Thank you in advance for any effort and help you can provide on my behalf.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 07:54 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The writing is there, it's just WAAAAAAY down. Not sure as yet what the problem might be though. Have you tried disabling all your plugins or seeing if the default theme has the same problem? Did you paste anything in the Header area configure box?
Old Dec 22, 2009, 08:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try changing your header image height to a reasonable number, I mean who ever heard of a header that was 300150px heigh?
Old Dec 22, 2009, 07:31 PM
Mariannable

3 posts · Sep 2009
Hi, thanks. I think that was the problem. I admit I had no idea what you were talking about (I mean, who would put that big number in as a header height?) but then I checked every single header setting and saw I made a typo at some point. Very handy to have a second set of eyes looking something over.

So I fixed it and my content is displaying now. Yay!
Old Dec 22, 2009, 07:32 PM
Mariannable

3 posts · Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
The writing is there, it's just WAAAAAAY down. Not sure as yet what the problem might be though. Have you tried disabling all your plugins or seeing if the default theme has the same problem? Did you paste anything in the Header area configure box?

Thanks -disabled every plug in but the problem persisted. Thanks for the thought.It was worth a shot.

Mariannable