Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] How to exclude category menu from static pages

Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:44 PM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
Hi

I use WP & Atahualpa as a CMS for my website, which includes lots of static pages and a blog. I'd like the 'Categories' menu to show up only on the blog. not on the static pages. Is there a way I can achieve this, please?

There's an earlier thread on this issue here: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5975, but the solution proposed there doesn't work for me. (Perhaps because php commands are no longer allowed in css inserts? I'm not an expert.)

I'd be very grateful for any help.

Congratulations, by the way, on a marvellous theme! It's by far the best I've ever used.

Kit
Old Feb 25, 2012, 06:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
take a look at the plugin 'widget logic' it should do what you want
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:35 PM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried the plugin. It's a lovely thing, and it works a charm on all pages *except* my blog page! That is, if I set the categories menu to show only on any some other page, it shows on that page only, but if I set it to show only on my blog page it doesn't show on any page! Could it be because I've got some custom code for a different banner on my blog page?

Thanks again -- I appreciate that you probably won't be able to advise further on this.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:58 PM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
Got it! For reference, it doesn't work if I choose 'show' only on the blog, but it does work if I choose 'not show' on every page *except* the blog. (I'm using the visual version of the plugin. It may be different if one uses the original version.)

Thanks again for your help.